Monday, April 15, 2013

Paper Secrets - Sketches with a Twist


One thing I love about PAPER SECRETS is that, not only does it have a sketch challenge twice a month, but each sketch challenge comes with a fun twist.  The April 1st twist was to use ribbon or trim on our layouts (and that's no joke - ha ha!).  This time, our twist was to use something wooden on our layout - perfect for me since I love and have quite a few wooden veneer shapes from Studio Calico, including these sweet bird shapes from the Paper Secrets SHOP that I added to my collection!
 
I do have a quick confession to make - this layout isn't quite finished yet.  What's missing you ask?  Well, I haven't added any journaling yet.  I know that I want journaling; I even know where I want it (right abot the owl and the ribbon) - I just don't know what I want to say yet.  No sweat, I figure it will come to me.  And when it does, I will have have a lovely layout ready to write it on!

Here are a couple of close-ups:

I fussy cut and layered until I had just the look I wanted.

I painted each of my wooden veneer shapes with white acrylic paint.  My title letters were cut out from one of my papers from ECHO PARK'S SWEET GIRL COLLECTION and outlined in brown marker to add more definition.
 
That's it for me this Monday morning; however, if you are wanting an additional beginning of the week boost, head over to Paper Secrets and check out the fantastic sketch that inspired my layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment