Thursday, April 4, 2013

My Creative Scrapbook - April Guest Designer!

I am one of the Guest Designers this month for MY CREATIVE SCRAPBOOK - a kit club run by the very sweet Pam Rangel and Delaina Burns.  Delaina is also one of the designers, and I have been a fan of her work for years.  In fact, I am pretty certain that I scraplifted one or two of Delaina's layouts (making sure to give her credit, of course) when I was first learning different styles and trying to figure out what mine was.
 
The MCS KIT CLUB has several different options and add-ons that you can purchase.  I was provided with this month's main kit, which was full of Crate Paper goodies that I am absolutely enamored with!  I had so much fun creating these two cards and two layouts, and I still have sufficient leftovers to get at least another layout and couple of cards done - a very generous kit indeed!
 
Here is a close-up of my Trending Now layout - can I just say it again?  I l-o-v-e Crate Paper:
 
And here is the second layout I created, featuring my sweet Lula-Bug.  I {heart} the Chevron background paper so much, I am going to have to get some more.  I NEED it - like maybe 10 sheets of it!!!!
 
Another close-up.  As you can see, I became a little obsessed with all the butterflies included in the kit - don't judge.  A quick little handmade pennant and a doily fussy cut from one of my papers, and I had this cute cluster (and the perfect place for my journaling):
 
I even got brave and made a couple of cards.  They are nowhere on the scale of CATHY HARPER or ALISSA WELLS (my card heroes...heroines???...the ladies who rock the cards, how's that?) - but you really can't go wrong with a kit full of Crate Paper goodies, now can you?
 
This is the first card that I made (yep, more butterflies were used):
 
...and my second creation - a simple everyday card that I quite like.  (I think I need about 5 or 6 extra sheets of that bird paper - it makes me happy just looking at it)  And, look!  I used a bird instead of a butterfly this time!
 
That's it for me.  But, if you want to enjoy some awesome Thursday eye candy (completely calorie free), head over to the MY CREATIVE SCRAPBOOK DESIGNER'S GALLERY.

3 comments:

  1. Your doodling and layers are looking so good! Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work! Congrats on your GDT work! And yes, Alissa rocks at cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krissy, you did such a terrific job with this kit. I love your designs and all your butterflies! Gorgeous, all!

    ReplyDelete