Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Almost 13 - Pretty Little Studio Sketch Challenge

Are you ready for another sketch challenge? You are?! Well, then check out Keri Babbit’s wonderful sketch up this week at PRETTY LITTLE STUDIO!


Keri’s sketches definitely fit what one of my friend’s has called my photocentric style. And I love the way my Pretty Little Studio papers and ephemera “fit” this layout of my moody, pouty soon-to-be teenager. Those bright, cheerful patterns are the perfect contrast to the photos of whom I shall now refer to as “The Sullen One.”

To further draw the eye to my photos and the story I am telling in not so many words - I used a plain white cardstock background, which was framed by additional layers of green and pink cardstock.


Instead of the two rows of circles and two rows of arrows that are in the original sketch, I chose to use three small rows of hearts (love that heart paper from the Birthday Cake Collection!), which are stair-stepped down and one row of large arrows that I created by fussy cutting one of my papers from the Hopscotch Collection. I machine-stitched and distressed the edges of my papers to add a little texture.


I also layered a couple of my Pretty Little Studio journaling tags along with one of my calendar cards, and I decided to sprinkle a few sequins across my page. Why? Because they seem to be trendy again and, hey, I like sparkly things!

The June pointer at the top of my photo is simply the top of my small calendar card that I cut off – that’s right, I made two pieces of ephemera for the price of one! I wanted my numbers to stay inside the border created by my paper so I overlapped the “3” and raised it with pop-dots so you could see both the “1” and “3” clearly.

And that is it for me today. Be sure to head over to the PRETTY LITTLE STUDIO BLOG to check out Keri’s sketch and see what the other ladies have come up with! And, of course, I would love to see what fabulous layout YOU create using this sketch, too!

Oh! Be sure to check back tomorrow. I made Mother’s Day Cards – I might even get them sent off in time this year – go me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment