Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Practical Scrappers - Two Posts in One Day!


Do you ever look at a layout as you are working on it and know it is going to be a favorite? Well, that's exactly how I felt about this one that I created for Practical Scrappers!

First, I love the picture. Yes, those are my legs and feet that I photographed with my iPhone last summer while I was being blissfully lazy on my back porch. Just looking at it brings back memories of that wonderful afternoon of doing nothing. Second, the colors on the papers (part of the MME Miss Caroline Collection)are so bright and vivid, and they compliment each other perfectly! Third, the banner that I downloaded and used from the Silhouette online STORE turned out so well - it was juuuussst the right thing for my title. Don't you agree?


Now, the object of the game over at Practical Scrappers today was to use one or more tags on our layouts. And, believe me, the other PS Gals did a fabulous job! To see their layouts and get wonderful inspiration, check out today's Practical Scrappers post HERE.

For my tag, I used a Silhouette file by Lori Whitlock (of course). I really liked how the tag was layered because it allowed me to add journaling while ensuring that the pretty patterned papers showed around the edges. I added some wonderful rub-ons, a couple of red buttons, and some chipboard butterflies to make a nice little cluster around my tag.


The inspiration for my layout came from this great MME sketch found over at their BLOG.

1 comment:

  1. you are so amazingly creative and productive! has the feel of summer with that bleached out wood background. is the banner you downloaded this one?
    banner_flags_C00905_20509
    3/16/2011

    -mare

    ReplyDelete