Monday, March 12, 2012

A Lori Whitlock Mini-Album


I seriously have this crazy obsession with mini-albums. I cannot get enough of them! So, when I saw Lori Whitlock's Build an Album Set in her STORE, I started doing a happy dance. I LOVE all the different shapes that are included; in fact, I loved them so much that my mini-album ended up being HUGE. Why? Because I just had to had to had to use each of the different shapes. That's right, I HAD to. Combine that "need" with all of the adorable professional photos my youngest daughter recently had taken, and I had twelve pages done before common sense took over and forced me to stop!

Lori also has these wonderful 3x4 NUMBER CARDS, which inspired the theme of my mini-album. I decided to list twelve attributes, or things, about my baby girl that I love. I used Echo Park's Graceful papers from the This and That Collection (designed by Lori, of course), which is full of wonderful phrases (among other things). I also used some fantastic PHRASES from Lori's Store, including the "For the Record" phrase on my album's cover.

Here's how the pages turned out:



I love how the different shaped pages look mixed together in my album, don't you?



A little close-up - I had a lot of fun cutting out the flash cards included with the EP Graceful papers and using them in my album:


Journaling cards in pockets are a must for me!


Another page with a different shape:


And more pockets with cards and pictures tucked inside...


Last page...the library card folder is also created by Lori. It's just right for a little love note I included to my daughter.


Have you made a mini-album? If not, I highly encourage you to give it a try. They are perfect gifts - either for someone you love or just for yourself!

8 comments:

  1. I love those papers! Adorable album

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this mini album.. I love to make them too. Love the paper. I like the album what kind of mini album is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela, I used Lori Whitlock's cutting files with my Silhouette. I first cut out the shapes for each page with cardstock. Next, I covered my card stock pages on each side with patterned paper. The three layers of paper gave my pages sufficient stiffness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krissy, this mini album turned out amazing!! You are so awesome! I really appreciate you showcasing my files and what a treasure for your daughter! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! What size did you make each page?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristy, the "regular" pages were a tad over 4x6. I'm not sure what size the smaller pages ended up being. I basically overlaid the heart-shaped and circle pages over my large page and increased the size until the holes for the rings lines up. That way I knew it would be the correct size. Then I moved it back to a separate area for cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Krissy-
    Is it obvious I'm a newbie? It's about Glue. What kind of glue do you recommend to adhere your papers together? Yours are so neat and clean. I have zip glue, glue sticks white glue and others but i was curious if there was a type of glue you would recommend. Thanks,

    Mare

    ReplyDelete