Monday, January 2, 2012

These Moments Are Special


Yesterday, I was listening to my son talking to my youngest daughter, who is six years younger. He was playing a video game, and he was explaining everthing he was doing and how the game worked to her. She was asking questions and generally basking in the attention he was paying to her. It didn't matter that he was having a technical discussion of a game that she would never be interested in playing on her own - she was just thrilled that her big brother, who she absolutely adores, was paying attention to her. So, of course, I had to create this layout (using fabulous Authentique papers, which have quickly become a favorite to me, and a sketch found on the Authentique BLOG)so that I will remember my little girl's hero worship of her big brother!

I loved everything about these papers! I even loved the Tolstoy quote included at the bottom of the paper (yes, the part that you throw away) - so I cut it out and used it, too! See?

This bracket and frame were originally hot pink. A little black Zig marker and they are now exactly the right color for my layout!

I am so happy to be ringing in the new year with several project ideas that I can't wait to share with you, so be sure to stay tuned...

Authentique Supplies Used
Authentique Blissful Collection (Happiness, Euphoria, Prosperity)
Authentique Foundations Bi-Fold Solid Paper
Authentique Icons
Authentique Petite Type Square Alphas

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet layout! Love it!
    Thank you for participating in Authentique Paper’s December Sketch Challenge!
    I hope you will join us again for the January Sketch Challenge: http://goo.gl/Vu8Tl

    - Tifany DeGough
    http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com
    {Authentique Paper DT Coordinator}

    ReplyDelete