Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sweeter Than Ice Cream - Pretty Little Studio


I am up today at the all new PRETTY LITTLE STUDIO BLOG featuring this layout of my Sweet Lula and using the scrumptious new Neapolitan Collection!  This collection features an assortment of ephemera and journaling cards in lavender, peach, pink, and mint green.  My last PLS LAYOUT was supposed to be themed around the pink items and today's layout is primarily lavender - or, at least, it started that way.  But, because I am who I am, I couldn't resist adding touches of pink and (more than a few) touches of mint green, too.  That's still monochromatic, right?  Maybe if you squint really hard and hold the layout sideways?  No????  Oh well, at least it's still cute! 

This is a simple layout in which I mainly used journaling cards to create my pattern.  I even made a pocket out of one journaling card so it could hold...wait for it...another journaling card.  That's right, why use only one when you can use two!


I also layered a couple of fabulous butterfly stickers on top of butterfly-punched paper to create these sweet dimensional butterflies on top of my pocket. (Want to know how I kept the stickers from sticking?  Head to the PRETTY LITTLE STUDIO BLOG for the answer!) And, of course, I couldn't resist adding a couple of bunting flags complete with sequins and a button sewn across them!

I love layering, especially with small, random bits and pieces - and this collection has so many wonderful bits and pieces!


So, there you have it - my not so "monochromatic" lavender layout.  Do you like to create monochromatic layouts or do you also find yourself sneaking in other colors, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment