Friday, August 30, 2013

I LOVE ICE CREAM AND...

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!  This Friday is even more happier - that's right, I said more happier - because I get to reveal my layout on the PRETTY LITTLE STUDIO BLOG using the very latest (and my new favoritest) Neapolitan Collection - which just happens to start shipping today!  Seriuosly, this collection falls in the droolworthy category.  There was such a large assortment of cute things to choose from that I wanted to add them all to my layout!  This is what I came up with:


The PLS Neapolitan Collection includes 4x6 journaling cards, including one that had this Ice Cream logo, which was the inspiration for my layout about my sweet eigth grader:

 
Of course, I had to layer things over, under and around it!  And, just for good measure, I sewed on it, too!
 
At first, my layout was simply going to state, "I like Ice Cream and you," which would have been cute and a phrase that certainly fits the Huntress.  But then, I saw word stickers included in the collection.  Many of the phrases were activities that my daughter actually enjoys doing right now, so this layout turned into a current events-themed thing - perfect when paired with her first-day-of-school pic! 

 
I turned the stickers into pennants simply by cutting the ends.  I love finding slightly different ways to use my scrapbooking supplies!
 
And, finally, the one thing that had me jumping up and down and yelling like I had won the grand prize at a county fair raffle - FLAIR!!!  Pretty Little Studio has Flair!  And I luuurrrrrvvvveee flair!  Can I say it again?  Yes, I think I shall.  I.Love.Flair.  I do. I love it. 

 
That's it for me today.  I am off to work for a few hours and then hoping to get in some quality crafting time this weekend!  What about you?  What projects do you have planned???

2 comments: