Friday, August 23, 2013

ALL THINGS WOOD BLOG HOP WITH PRACTICAL SCRAPPERS

 
Welcome to the Practical Scrappers/Paper Secrets Blog Hop! We are so excited to have you here today! This blog hop features the wonderful Ten Things Team from PRACTICAL SCRAPPERS and members from the Design Team at PAPER SECRETS. How did I get included with the Ten Things Team which is full of crafty, innovative ladies?  Well...I think it was an accounting error (I always blame the accounting department whether there actually is one or not!).  Okay, would you believe I know someone in high places?  No?  How about...the dog ate my homework!  Whatever, the reason, I am super happy to be included because ***insert drum roll here*** (typing in my best announcer voice) OUR TOPIC FOR THIS HOP IS A FUN, TRENDY ONE SURE TO CATCH YOUR ATTENTION: WOOD! A - n-n-n-d-d, that's not all!  We have a collection of wood goodies from Paper Secrets to give away (details below).
 
You may not realize this but my husband's latest hobby this past year or two has been carpentry - mainly because I keep finding things on Pinterest that I want him to make for me.  And because he cuts wood ALL the time, our garage is constantly littered with little pieces of wood.  I can either choose to be annoyed that the Hubster still has not learned to clean up after himself.  OR, I can view all the scraps as small gifts that he thoughtfully leaves out for my crafty self.  I choose to believe the latter, which tends to make our relationship a lot less strained (and keeps my blood pressure within reasonable levels)!
 
I recently picked up a small scrap of plywood (thoughtfully left in the garage around, but not actually in, the trash container where a less thoughtful person might have put it).  The wood piece is roughly a 6x6 square.  It was perfect for creating my little piece of ar, which was  super easy to make.  Here's how I did it:
 
I used my left over papers from CRATE PAPER'S 14 Collection. 
I placed my wood piece on the background paper and traced the shape, then cut on the traced lines.
I brushed Mod Podge liberally across the surface of my wood and then placed the paper on top, making sure to press out any bubbles.
I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out my bird shape. and used Mod Podge to adhere it to my paper.
I used various word stickers and some fabric alphas to create my phrase.
I fussy cut banners out from my papers and placed them in the corners, using more Mod Podge to adhere them.
I Mod Podged my button and plastic piece.
Finally, I coated the top of everything with a thick, even layer of Mod Podge and let it dry.
 
Super easy, right?  Here's a close up of my phrase:

 
Are you feeling inspired for all things wood now?  You are!  Well, then, don't miss out on all the other stops on this blog hop!  Here is the list:
Blog Hop List

And - that grand prize I was telling you about?  Here it is!!!

What can you do to qualify to win?  It's so simple, even my little Chihuahua could do it:
You can do any or all of the following to get entered:
1) Be a follower at Practical Scrappers
2) Be a follower at the Paper Secrets Blog
4) Like the Paper Secrets Facebook Page; and very importantly
5)LEAVE A COMMENT HERE TELLING ME WHICH OF THESE THINGS YOU DID. 
 
Of course, if you also want to tell me whether you like my project or not - well, let's just say it would make my day!  Because it "wood." *smile*
 
You have until 11:59 PM CST on Sunday, August 25th to enter. A winner will be announced early next week!

16 comments:

  1. Love your sweet bird project and your sweet hubby story. Wonder if I can get mine to take up carpentry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How thoughtful of your hubby to save that for you. Such a sweet, innovative project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic and so cute.I love working with wood as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Krissy! Totally love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute project Krissy! Thanks for the inspiration and I loved reading your post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a cute little project with a lovely qoute. Mabye something to lift?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your project! Sound like you have just as thoughtful a husband as mine - although my 'gifts' are of the newspaper variety not the pieces of wood variety! Yours are much more useful gifts!! LOL! Way to make some lemonade Krissy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your creation! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS!! I love the mix of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are too cute and so is that project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute little bird and fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your cute bird! Great project!

    ReplyDelete