Friday, April 27, 2012

It's That Time over at LCOM

It's that time again over at the Let's Capture Our Memories SKETCH BLOG - another Friday, which means a brand new sketch and a new team reveal! I used a picture on my layout that I recenty took of my daughter and her guy sharing a moment right before family photos were taken. I am so glad I snapped this pic - their playfullness and obvious love they have for each other warms my heart. They were obviously in their own little world, which was the reason behind the title. I used gorgeous Theresa Collins papers and embellishments. I kept everything pretty clean and simple, choosing a few objects and word phrases to symbolize this young couple's relationship with each other and their life together.
I loved the typewriter in the corner. I could imagine it just typing out their story together (can you tell I am feeing a litte sentimental today?). The only problem was that I wanted it coming off the page just a little - not enough to take away the focus from the picture but - a little. Or maybe I just couldn't resist fussy cutting SOMETHING from those beautiful papers (fussy cutting relaxes me, what can I say?). So, I did exactly that. I fussy cut the typewriter from a second piece of paper and glued it on top of the image on the paper.
That's it for me. Please head on over to the LCOM SITE to check out the wonderful new sketch, and have a fun and crafty weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Love all the details, fussy cutting an layering! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete