Saturday, January 4, 2014

RESOLUTION NO. 2


If you read my last POST, you know that it included a list of New Year's resolutions.  What is Resolution No. 2?  It is to apply for manufacturer design teams.  And a favorite manufacturer of mine just happens to be having a DESIGN TEAM CALL right now.  If you guessed I am talking about LILY BEE, you would be correct!  I am a girl who loves to layer patterned papers - the more the better - and Lily Bee makes that super easy for me to do.  And the different collections always seem to work well together, which makes it easy to use up leftover scraps - something that appeals to my frugal little heart!  This layout is a perfect example of that and it represents everything that I love about scrapbooking - fussy cutting, sewing, using leftover bits and pieces off my worktable, and recording an everyday memory with one of my children that makes me happy!

As soon as I saw the patchwork pinwheels, I knew I would be cutting them out and sewing on them.  Some of the pinwheels just have sewing around them (directly on the paper).  But I wanted more depth to several of them so I cut out additional pinwheel shapes and used pop-dots to attach them over the pinwheels already on the paper.  


I also added a little doodling because...well, I couldn't resist!


Do I find it scary to apply to a manufacturer design team like Lily Bee?  Well, maybe not scary, but certainly 
intimidating!  After all, nobody likes to be told they aren't good enough for something - especially by a company whose products they like so much.  BUT - like my grandmama used to say, "you know for sure the answer will be no if you don't try."  So I am going for it and adding a checkmark to my 2014 checklist at the same time.  Wish me luck! 

6 comments:

  1. Krissy, can you please share where you are finding your manufacturer design team calls? I have one source, but don't know if it's complete. Thanks in advance. P.S. I watched your exploding box tutorial this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, I find them in a few different places - I periodically check dtcalls.com and designteamcalls.com. I also "like" many of the manufacturer facebook pages, and so get notifications that way. Sometimes, though, I just happen to find out by word of mouth. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. Fun page! Love the stitching! And congrats on making the Paper Bakery team. I had to stop by to say hello to a fellow Houstonian! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angi Barrs, what part of Houston do you live in? I always love meeting crafty people in my neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete