Sunday, January 26, 2014

One Kit - Two Looks (Paper Bakery Kit Club)

I love scrapbooking - that is no secret.  And I love kits because everything is put together for me ahead of time so I can spend less time gathering supplies and more time crafting.  But - the sign of a really good kit is one that will let me achieve different looks with my projects, depending on how I use my supplies.  The Paper Bakery's January Kit, Love Potion #9, is exactly that kind of kit.  

Here is my first layout, which I had a blast making!  I adore bright colors so all the pops of yellow and teal made me a very happy girl.


Have a little too much blank space on your layout that's driving you crazy because you are NOT a minimalist clean and simple girl?  Well, if you are me, then you simply fill it up with a few ink splatters and a bunch o' sequins.

A-n-d if you are like me and have a sweet little glassine bag that is empty because you used all your sequins (or at least used all the ones that didn't end up scattered all across your floor), then why not add it to the layout, too?  I stitched around the edges of mine and tucked a journaling tag into it.  See?


Those little October Afternoon chipboard frames? Well, they just make me happy - plain and simple...


So, there you have one look.  Here is the second:


This layout has a softer, more vintage-y look.  And - rather than layering my papers like I often do, I instead layered my ephemera on this layout.  How did I do it?  Basically, I took every single bit and piece out of a bag full of bits and pieces from My Mind's Eye's Lost and Found Collection and moved each piece around on my layout.  If I liked it, it stayed.  If I didn't, it went back in the bag.  If I wasn't sure, it sat by the side of my layout until the end.  

Would you have guessed that these two layouts were made with the same kit?  I don't think I would have.



That's it for me today.  Do you like what you see?  If so, please stop by the Paper Bakery BLOG and let them know what you think!  And, of course, it would mean the world to me if you would let ME know what you think, too!!!

11 comments:

  1. Left you some love at Paper Bakery. I think both layouts are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's always good validation to hear a compliment, especially from my peers!

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful layouts! And they are so different! How cool! I'm so in love with the second one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That second layout was so much fun to make!

      Delete
  3. these are both great Krissy, love that the first one is at an angle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow-love that whole totally different looks of both-shows your versatility and the kit's too...had to pin both if ya don't mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pin away, Kate! I love your work and love to pin it, too!!! *smile*

      Delete
  5. Lovely layouts today! That photo of you is darling :) I love the the little frames around #omg. So cute and clever! Your layout about Hunter seems so spot on with her growing-into-a-trendy-lady personality. So well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alissa! I always value your opinion and your friendship!!!

      Delete
  6. Great layouts & details! I want to feature your #omg page for upcoming Trendy Tuesday post for the blog at Paper Crafters Library. You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The image will credit you & link back to your blog as well. If you do not wish to be featured, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete