Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Cr@zy Happy - PLS Sketch Challenge


This week's sketch challenge at the PRETTY LITTLE STUDIO BLOG really was a challenge for me!  Why?  Because I don't really "do" circles.  Don't get me wrong.  I love circles.  Layouts with circles done by other people look fantastic.  But - 8 times out of 10, my circle layouts are...meh...at best.  So, for this week's challenge, I decided on a compromise.  I added every circle shown in the sketch; I just decided to add an additional, very rectangular, photo instead of trying to cut it into a circle shape, too.  And that worked for me!

I used papers and a couple of journaling cards from the PLS NATURE WALK COLLECTION, which is still one of my favorites.  I simply cut out the small circles using my circle punch and then cut out the larger circles using my Silhouette.


My background hexagons were created by taking one hexagon shaped piece of paper and using a fine tip maker to trace around it repeatedly across my paper (obviously, I did this before I added my circles).

I love my whacky photo of my crazy family mugging for the camera but needed to tone it down so that it would fit in with my papers:


So, I did a black and white conversion and, voila, a photo that doesn't clash with all the cute bits and pieces I wanted to add around it.


That's it for me today.  What have YOU done to challenge yourself lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment