Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Best Friends - More Practical Scrappers


Our challenge today over at PRACTICAL SCRAPPERS was to find 10 different ways to use ribbon.  Because I am obsessed with banners, I decided to make a small one using ribbon in place of twine to hold my banner together.  The "pennants" of my banner (along with every other piece of paper on this layout) are from TERESA COLLINS' gorgeous Everyday Moments Collection.  This line of papers was perfect for this snapshot of my two oldest daughters at the younger one's recent wedding shower.

Here's a close-up of my ribbon banner:


I loved using all the whites, light blues, and pale grays in this collection, but I wanted to make sure the layers stood out, so I decided to machine stitch my border and my ribbon in contrasting black and I outlined each piece of paper in black marker.  I love the added dimension the black outlines give everything.


I also added pop dots behind several pieces like this one to help them stand out a little more.

 
Can you tell how much I love layers on my layouts???
 
That's all for me today.  Want more inspiration for that ribbon stash you've been hoarding - be sure to check out all the other wonderful ideas at PRACTICAL SCRAPPERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment