Sunday, May 6, 2012

NSD Part Two

Happy Sunday everyone! I should be cleaning my house and doing laundry, but instead I am playing around on my computer. I slept until after 9 am this morning, which I NEVER do, so I figure I must be in an alternate universe and the "real me" is out there cleaning the house somewhere like a good, responsible person. Please don't tell me differently! This is another layout I worked on yesterday for NSD. I completed this for two challenges - one over at LET'S CAPTURE OUR MEMORIES to use certain scrapbook trends (I chose the color orange and triangles and one over at PAPER SECRETS to use a handmade kite. The picture is my oldest daughter, who leaves me speechless sometimes because she is so lovely (both inside and out). Papers are all Pink Paislee's Prairie Hill Collection and ephemera is...well, a little bit of this and a little bit of that from the disaster zone that was my work table yesterday. I wanted flowers on my layout, but all the "pre-made" ones were just too bulky for me. So I made my own and included them in this cluster.
I created another (smaller) cluster at the base of my kite because if one cluster is good, two is better. Right?
And finally, my kite. I had so much fun making this. The triangles were originally different patterns, but I colored them all in with a brown marker to give a little more cohesiveness. I felt it was just a little too busy otherwise. I added some stitching to define the kite a little more. I love the way it turned out!
That's it for today, but I'll be back with some more fun projects to share later this week!

1 comment: