Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Practical Scrappers Challenge


You know me - I love a good challenge! So, of course, I jumped on board to join the other ladies at PRACTICAL SCRAPPERS and create a layout with black matting for Challenge Me Tuesday. I highly encourage you to check out the other fabulous DT layouts to see their takes on using black matting to make their layouts pop!

Also, I need to take a minute (or a paragraph) and give special mention to my friend, QUEEN KAT. Wy? Because she excels at using black cardstock as her background paper, adding that extra touch of drama to the ordinary. Don't get me wrong, her layouts are anything but ordinary - but with her trademark black cardstock they are even MORE not ordinary! I am certain she first inspired me to do this long, long ago!

I love the way black matting (and black background paper) makes bright colors that much brighter and vivid! To create my layout, I used a great sketch by Sketchy Thursday found HERE. I also used my Silhouette and a couple of cutting files by LORI WHITLOCK to make the banner and the journaling label. My patterned paper had all these wonderfully cute flowers on it, so I fussy cut several of them out and layered and clustered them around my picture. Aren't they cute?



This was such a fun challenge to complete and I love the bold, different look the black matting and background paper give my layout! Now, it's your turn! That's right - you! What are you waiting for? Go grab some black cardstock and challenge yourself!!!

1 comment:

  1. you know I'm loving this right?? You already know that my 2 fav "musts" are always fussy cutting and black cardstock....Love your layers and of course, I mainly love the photo!

    ReplyDelete