Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Countdown to 2012 with Birds of a Feather!


As you may know, I live in the Houston area. It almost never snows here. And on the rare occasions we do get snow, it is NEVER more than a couple of inches that is usually melted by the next day. So...winter wonderland vistas and children all bundled up with nothing but red noses and rosy cheeks peeking out are out for my January layouts.

This month's Birds of a Feather KIT makes me hate my snow-less January (which is right around the corner)a little less. The mixture of papers is vibrant enough to warm me up when it's cold and rainy outside and diverse enough so that I can create layouts of just about any person and any occasion! And the collection of chipboard pieces, ribbon, three different alphas and Smooch paint means I don't have to get up from my worktable to dig through the massive chaos of supplies left over from the madness that was Christmas!!!

I love the dimension (and cuteness) these chipboard pieces give my layout!

Here's my second layout using the January kit.

The chipboard clouds, flowers and butterflies (as well as the papers) made me think of growing things, and that made me think of my niece who, I swear, was just a baby the other day! I loved cutting out the measuring tape paper and sewing randomly across it (because, let's face it, I will find just about any excuse to sew on my paper!).
And I am all kinds of crazy in love over the frame included in this month's kit! I painted mine white, added patterned paper, and used it for my title - but I need about 4 or 5 more frames so I can use them for all the OTHER ideas I have!!!

And speaking of ideas reminds me of this BRILLIANT idea that Amy had over at BOAF! We are having a COUNTDOWN TO 2012 over at the HenHouse! What is that, you ask? Well, now that the craziness Hustle and Bustle of Christmas has died down, we actually have a little breathing room to get back to scrapbooking. So, our Countdown to 2012 has a new challenge posted each day and FABULOUS PRIZES TO BE GIVEN AWAY!!! Play every day or just drop in when you have time - we would love to see you!

P.S. Are you on Facebook? So is Birds of a Feather! Check it out - HERE!

1 comment:

  1. Great layouts! LOVE the second one and how you stitched on the cool measuring tape and the fantastic use of the frame! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete