Friday, December 2, 2011

Birds of a Feather - Fall is Over, Winter is Here

I took very few pictures over Thanksgiving - probably because I was too busy cooking, eating or sleeping off a 1000+ calorie meal! Then I repeated the last two steps several more times over the course of the weekend. I did manage to snap this picture, though, of my oldest daughter and her guy, and I found a great Creative Scrappers SKETCH #184 which worked perfectly with the last bits of paper from my Birds of a Feather November Kit. After I finished this layout, I relegated my remaining scraps to their respective folders and officially declared my November Kit finished! I then immediately ripped open my December Kit and spent a significant amount of time oohing and aahing over everything!

I KNEW there was a reason I had not yet used my pictures from last year in layouts - it's because I was waiting for the right kit. Seriously. No, really. Really. Well, believe me, I found exactly the inspiration I needed with the December Kit! It's got banner pieces and parts (and you KNOW how much I love banners), journaling words, and bling and bling and more bling. And let's be honest here - I DO like my bling!

Here is my first layout:


A close-up of a little cluster of layered loveliness:

And my second layout:


Look at these fun journaling words!

And my filter flowers with blingy, sparkly accents all around...

I think I am next going to make some kind of mini with my December kit. I'm trying to find one I want to do using some repurposed item - such as a cd case or a paper bag album. Any ideas? What would YOU like to see???
I'll include a video tutorial if you help me come up with an idea.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely LO...Love the way you have Decorated it...I came here from Carolyn King's Blog..TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krissy!I came over to your blog via Carolyn Kings blog -(myblogbycammie.blogspot.com )she is hosting a Last Minute Gifts Blog Party today for Lori Whitlock and Kerri Bradford. She challenged us to pick a blog from her sidebar and to leave a little love! So I have actually been picking one from every grouping of her blogs (design team/helmer design/etc) It has been so much fun cause I am finding some really cool bloggers with some really great talent! I was just browsing through your blog and some past post pages...Love your layouts! And I especially love that BOAf File Folder Mini Album with Pockets (11-13-11 post). I am actually signed up over at Birds of a Feather so I will be heading over to check out that video! I would love to make one! Thanks for sharing! Have a Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layouts!!! I too came over here from Carolyn Kings' blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love colors on these LOs. Really beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete