Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Displaying My Love for Tim Holtz


This Configurations Tray ended my month-long love affair with Tim Holtz over at Let's Capture Our Memories. I have been wanting to do a printer's type tray for quite awhile and decided to take the plunge when I saw this one at the LCOM STORE. I'm not going to lie - it was pretty labor intensive, but I think the end result was well worth the time put into it!

Creating a project using the Configurations Tray was a no-brainer for me. The boxes can be moved around and arranged in any formation, and they are perfect for inking, painting or covering in paper as I did. And, of course, I was able to ink, tear, crackle paint, and otherwise distress to my heart's content - and let me tell you, I had a VERY CONTENT heart by the end of this project!

Want to see some close-ups? Here you go:


I think the two things I enjoyed the most about working on my tray were that 1)the depth of the boxes allowed me to create little individual 3-D tableaus inside each space, something that's not really possible with a traditional layout; and 2) I had a field day pulling out all my old stickers, charms, ribbons, buttons and, of course, all my Tim Holtz goodies. I was able to use so many cute, eclectic things from my scrappy stash of goodies that I had to have over the past two years but had never found a use for - and I felt totally rightous about those past random purchases!!! In fact, I felt so vindicated that in a post-project shopping orgy...spree...fit of madness...um...trip...to Hobby Lobby I didn't even think twice about buying 8 drawer knobs from the clearance section. Do I have a clue what I will do with them? Nope. But I am positive that the right project will come along. And when it does, my drawer knobs and I will be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment