Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Good News and More Summer Fun!


I have been jumping-up-and-down-excited since yesterday when I found out I was chosen as a Design Team Member for Birds of A Feather - an online store and monthly kit club. This is what the home page says:

We're birds of a feather, you and I! We love all things paper and glue, ribbon and lace, flowers and buttons.... so go ahead, admit it, you actually like the scent of those vinyl Thickers and you have hoards of paper yet always are able to find room for more. We love to create, and that's what Birds of a Feather Kit Co. is all about.


After reading it, I thought: Why yes! I DO love all things paper, glue, ribbon, lace flowers and buttons. And while I may not go around sniffing Thickers, Alissa and I have had several conversations about how much we love the SMELL of paper, which I happen to keep buying even though I have enough to last for the next decade! Then I looked at the products offered in the BOAF kits and realized I was looking at things I would most definitely be purchasing at my local Archiver's or Michael's anyway. So what's a girl to do? Apply for the design team, of course!

I can't wait to get my first kit and start playing with it, and I also can't wait to start playing along in the challenges and joining in on the Wednesday live chats and also the online crops. Hope to see you there!

And speaking of scrapping fun - I want to share this layout I made using a sketch found at Let's Scrap. AND I want send them a big THANK YOU for choosing my All the Way to China layout as their Inspiration of the Week! What a fabulous welcome that was!

This layout is of my bestie's (Alissa) son when they spent the afternoon swimming at my house last month. As soon as I saw the look on his face as he was jumping in the pool, I KNEW I had to feature his pics in a layout!


I used the sweet Echo Park Splash Collection Kit, which included sticker embellishments that I pop-dotted and added stickles to (I think the technical term is "stickle-ized")for emphasis.


I also tilted my title letters at different angles to add a sense of movement.


Last, but certainly not least, I want to give a big HUGE thank you to Practical Scrappers , a fabulously cool blog jam-packed full of creative ideas and challenges,including my favorite - sketches! They linked two of my recent layouts (Surf's Up and You Are My Sunshine) on their blog as examples of different types of layouts they were discussing. I am tremendously appreciative!

Okay, that's all for the day. Go forth and scrapbook. Peace out.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! What a fun layout! Love the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats I love your work!!! I found you via Let's capture our memories a few nights ago! and myself just jointed Let's scrap recently also! You have great taste and they are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the Echo Park, this page is adorable! And we are sooo glad to have you on board at Birds of a Feather! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooo that is so awesome wtg girl!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete