Friday, February 25, 2011

Fun with Sketches


I love sketches, so I was really excited when I found out that Let's Capture Our Memories has a section totally devoted to sketches for cards and layouts!

The thing I love about sketches so much is that they give you a basic template for a layout without "influencing" you as to specifics. You don't see a particular line of papers, color of flower, or embellishments being used as you would with a scraplift, so it is extremely easy for your imagination to go wild! As with all sketches, you can follow it specifically to a "t" or you can rotate it, flip it, add to it or subtract from it. There is no wrong way to use a sketch!

I followed the basic layout of sketch 70. However, I added the large punched layer of paper and lots of pretty embellishments. I used three flowers instead of two as shown in the sketch, included sewing around my photo and added lots of pearl accents to give the layout a soft feel. I also outlined my title letters and flowers in white, and I doodled white along my vine to add visual interest to them as well as to tie them in with the white background paper.

I am going to try the card sketch next over at Let's Capture Our Memories. Since I am on a shabby chic kick right now, I may first load up on some Shabby Chic embellies at their store. Would you like to get some shabby goodness to make your own card or layout? Well, you're in luck! Let's Capture Our Memories is holding a contest until 9 pm Monday night (February 28th)in which YOU can win $15 of Shabby Chic Crafts Goodness just by leaving a comment - how easy is that?!

And if you use Sketch 70 to make a layout, would you email me a picture? (krissyrockstx@yahoo.com). I would love to see your creation and post it on my blog!

Happy weekend!

6 comments:

  1. stunning, gorgeous, beautiful... i could not pick just one word to describe this! i seriously love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh such a pretty layout, love what you did with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at LCTS. Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely divine ... love it !!!! X:)

    ReplyDelete