Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Good Stuff


Today, I created a layout using one of my new favorite pictures of my oldest daughters as they were sharing a "moment" at Christmas. I knew that I wanted my layout to have a shabby chic look, complete with flowers that were every bit as beautiful as my girls. And when I want beautiful flowers for a layout, I look no further than my box of flowers and vines hand made by Stephanie. As you can see, Stephanie accents her large flowers with goodies like pearls and diamond dust, and her vines contain pearls and accent gems interspersed among the flowers - perfect for the shabby chic look I wanted to create!

You may be asking yourself where you can get some gorgeous flowers like the ones on this layout. Luckily for you (and me), Stephanie has a blog, which can be found here. Her blog not only has a link to her etsy where you can stock up on gorgeous handmade flowers and vines, but it also contains detailed tutorials with lots of pictures so that you can make your own flowers if you are feeling particularly crafty.

And speaking of flowers and tutorials and blogs, please take a few minutes and check out yet another FANTASTIC blog by my friend Alissa, which is found here. She and Stephanie are friends, and she is the person who originally told me about Stephanie's flowers. Alissa's blog is fairly new; but it is already full of fantastic tutorials and creative ideas for cards, stamping and layouts. She includes lots of close-up and step-by-step photos. And if you love Alissa's cards but don't feel brave enough to try making them yourself, don't worry - you can place an order for Alissa to make a set for you. Her cards make terrific, unique gifts and are the perfect present for that person who already has everything!

Finally, I cannot talk about good stuff without giving you the link to the fabulous Alda's website. Alda is what my old high school English teacher would call a true Renaissance person. She makes flowers and tags and butterflies that are truly little works of art. She designs new sketches every Monday for scrapbookers, which I believe are ten times better than the ones found in some of the popular scrapbooking magazines (and Alda's sketches are free!). And, she has a fully stocked online store that carries all of the major scrapbooking brand names and products! Everytime I visit her site, I am always amazed and inspired by all the lovely things I see; and I believe you will be, too!

I hope you enjoy the links to some of my favorite sites, and I sincerely hope they inspire you as much as they do me. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment