Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I [heart] Steampunk


Yesterday, I finally had the chance to play with my new collection of Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante papers, and I loved every minute of it! The only problem is - there are so many images I want to cut out that I think I am going to have to get a second pack of papers if I want to use the patterned pages on the opposite sides. The only downside to using only images from the same paper pack is that I almost feel as if everything is a little "too" coordinated. Perhaps next time I will mix things up a little more.

My picture is one of our recent vacation shots - proof that any photo will work for a Steampunk layout. I realy enjoyed continuing the sand and water from the photo onto the layout. I simply took some scrap cardboard that came with one of my recent paper purchases and continued the shore and water lines with gold paint on one side and a mixture of blue and green distress ink on the other, then covered it all with stickles - blue for the water and a walnut stain for the sand.

For those of you in Cyberland who enjoy the steampunk style - what themed photos have you used for your layouts? And what would you like to see? Steampunk school photos? A steampunk Christmas maybe? I would love to see and hear your ideas and suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment