Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Good Friday


Today is Good Friday, and I am brought to my knees when I think of the enormous sacrifice that was made so that I, a person full of mistakes and misdeeds, could have a direct relationship with God. There are times that I feel absolutely unloveable, and it humbles me when I realize that no matter how ugly and unworthy I feel on the inside, I am loved and I am forgiven. And that certainty gives me the impetus to try to be better - try to be worthy.

Spring is here in full bloom! Birds are outside chirping loudly and building nests. The Azaleas and Indian Hawthorne are blooming. Thankfully, my oleanders which appeared to have been completely killed by the several incidences of below-freezing weather are starting to develop buds of new growth. I am pretty sure I've lost two palm trees, but it may be another month or so before I know for sure. I am definitely ready to get out in my yard (before it goes from warm to hotter than Hades) and do some gardening - maybe plant a few things.

My plan today is to take the Huntress out in full Easter regalia and take pictures. There are several quite picturesque locations in my neighborhood with large rocks surrounded by flowering bushes and trees, and I think they would make the perfect backdrop. Afterwards, we plan to dye and decorate Easter eggs; and then I will most likely play with my scrapbook goodies until I can no longer hold my eyes open.

Speaking of pictures, my middle daughter who is a senior in college, has asked me to take her senior pictures to send out with her graduation announcements. The middle child has always been extremely particular about having things done just right. For her to ask this amateur photographer to take her senior pictures is an enormous honor. I think it's a sign that I am moving into the right direction with my photography skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment