Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Be You


The Huntress - she's got her own style.  It's quirky, it is definitely anime-inspired, (these days it is often a little pouty-faced), and it's all her own.  Some days she is a rock star, and other days she is the ultimate teenage drama queen.  There may be a lot she still has to figure out in life, but she knows who she is, and that is a huuuggge start!  

I took her out to do a fun little photo shoot recently, and I got a memory card full of photos that capture her in all her pouty rocker/anime glory perfectly.  I knew I needed papers that captured the love, optimism, and hope I have for her - so I went digging through my stash for my HEIDI SWAPP stuff, which turned out to fit the bill perfectly.  I primarily used the Mixed Company line, which had the clean, simple graphics I wanted.  

To help me get my mojo kick-started, I also used the SKETCHABILITIES SKETCH #115.  I know a lot of ladies on the Sketchablities design team take a more vintage, mixed media approach to the sketches.  However, I think they work well for any style!

I love the way my layout turned out!  I was a little worried, since I haven't scrapbooked in so long, that I had forgotten how to glue together two pieces of paper, much less create a complete layout.  But, I guess it is just like that old saying about riding a bicycle...(thank goodness).

Here are a couple of close-ups:

A lot of layering and some symbolism, too...



My girl is a superstar to me, so of course I had to include a star and then, for good measure, layer it with another star.  I guess that makes her a super superstar...


Here are a few other photos from our little shoot that I imagine I will be creating layouts around in the near future:







15 comments:

  1. Love!! My girls all want those boots now!!! Gorgeous layout and photos! I think H is a superstar, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, love your blog name.
    Second, the photos of your daughter are fabulous.
    Third, I think your layout is fantastic. I love all the funky layers and texture!
    Thank you for playing along at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all, especially the awesome pictures of your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on the sketch! The layers are great and so are all your details! Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities!
    Karen Y.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just awesome Krissy! She's a keeper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super fun page and love love the fun pics from the photo shoot!!! very cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow just perfect layout ! i love all :)

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beyond striking!!! Thank you for playing along with Sketchabilities

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Wow! Love those pictures and your page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page and wonderful pictures! Thanks for playing at Sketchabilities.!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Incredible page!! And stunning pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors on your layout and your photography is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete