Sunday, November 13, 2011

BOAF File Folder Mini Album with Pockets


Christmas is right around the corner and I am busily crafting gifts for family members and friends here at Casa de Chaas! I recently learned how to make a file folder mini-album (because you know I am ALL about the mini-albums these days! File folder mini albums are GREAT because 1) they have all these neat little pockets which allow you to easily include extra photos or journaling tags, and 2) they are small enough so they can be easily mailed out in a small manila envelope, which means no crazy, crowded trips to the post office are needed to box them up and send them out!

I used my wonderfully coordinated November kit from Birds of a Feather, of course. All the gorgeous papers and embellies from Simple Stories Generations and Bo Bunny's Timeless that are included in this month's kit are perfect for my mini-album featuring some of my favorite family pictures taken this past year. My mini-album is going to be a gift to my mom, who doesn't live close by, so she can have a record of what her family has been doing throughout the year. It also helps that it's small enough so she can easily carry it around and pretty enough that she will want to show it off to all her friends! (I'm a good daughter that way!)

This mini-album has so many little pockets. Here are the tags containing extra photos from the cover of the album:

If you open the mini to to the left, you get this:

The pocket on the far left contains another picture:

And the front of the album flips down to reveal two more pages:

With a pocket for even more pictures, of course:
Front...
and back...

If you open my file folder album to the right, you get this:
The page on the far right is the back of the album, but of course, you could add another picture or journaling if you wanted. I plan to write a message to my Mama on that page.

See the middle section? Yes, it flips down for more pockets and more pages for pictures!

Want to know how I made this? I will have a video tuturial (my first ever) posted on the Birds of a Feather BLOG
on Tuesday, November 15th, so be sure to check in so you can get started on your own file folder mini-album. After all, Christmas is only 42 days away!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'll def. be watching that video... FABULOUS album Krissy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cool! Can't wait to see the video! I am a mini album fan too!

    ReplyDelete