Monday, September 26, 2011

A Pinterest Do or Don't? You Answer...


After drinking a pot of coffee, I have decided that it really is Monday and I am not just having a bad dream. I had plans, big plans, of getting at least two or three layouts done this weekend. Guess how many I finished?! Can you guess? Drum roll, please....I finished zippity-doo-dah! That's right, I got done a big old goose egg's worth - nada - zilch - nothing - not one thing! And I am pouting a little about it, believe me.

In all fairness, I am working on a mini-album that is due for a reveal on Friday, and I have a few more projects that are - well - at least in the planning stage. Which is better than nothing, I suppose, right? Right?! (please feel free to lie to me here and tell me I'm right)

Okay, enough of my whining and on to the reason for this post. This weekend, I was on PINTEREST, which is pretty much the coolest idea of a site in the world. The ONLY thing that would make it cooler would be if I had thought of it and created it! Seriously. So, like I said, there I was on Pinterest, and I did a search for sketches because I was trying my darnedest to find some inspiration. There were a lot of great sketches posted, or "pinned" to use the correct Pinterest-ese. But, I recognized several sketches that I know were from sites which request that their work not be reposted without express permission (and other legal don't-even-think-about-doing-it jargon) by the sketch creator.

Now, for those of you who are not familiar with Pinterest, you can click on the link to the picture, and you are taken to the website on which it's located; however, you don't really have to do that to see the picture or "pin" of the sketch and, more often than not, no credit is listed in the pin description as to where the sketch originated. Of course, again, you CAN click on the link which will direct you to the original website.

So here's my question - quite simply, is that cool or not? Is it a bad thing or something no one will ever care about? What do you think? I would really like to know.

4 comments:

  1. I think Pinterest is amazing. I think that if people don't want their images pinned, there are steps they can take. Plus people should watermark their photos anyways. I don't think anyone is using these sketches for gain either. Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just joined that site a couple weeks ago ( and am totally addicted, just wish i had more time for it lol)

    I actually posted a few of my own sketches, dang, will have to go in and check to see if my settings are set like that, i hope they aren't..(I apologize upfront if it is) please blame that one on newbie status… if you are on a site that is based on sharing and pinning and re-pinning of ideas, ...if the designer has the work watermarked, that should be enough, but that’s just my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krissy,

    Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. I really appreciate you taking the time to read what I have to say.

    Oh Pinterest. I LOVE Pinterest! I've actually been trying to stay off of it for a bit. As you know I create sketches, I don't really mind my sketches being pinned or shared because I put my name and site on them. I may end up with more blog traffic that way! LOL I think there are people who will care though... I just don't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with that site. What I love about it is I can keep all the things that inspire me in one place, with there link back to them. I know it brings traffic to blogs you may not of none was out there. I have found some wonderful blogs that I am now following becousae of pinterest.

    ReplyDelete