Wednesday, April 6, 2011
A Journaling Challenge for YOU
As many of you know, I love journaling. In fact, journaling is one of the main reasons why I began scrapbooking. I have become the de facto historian for my family, and the thought of some relative looking at my family's pictures years from now and not knowing the stories behind them makes me cringe! Even though I take lots of "everyday" photos that don't necessarily have a story behind them, there is always a thought or an emotion associated with the pictures. I want to capture and record those for my children and their children to have.
BUT - I get easily bored. And writing on the same old journaling tags over and over again is one thing that is sure to bore me! So, I try to come up with unique ways and places to include my journaling.
I recently got these wonderful My Mind's Eye "Gertie" papers, part of the Stella and Rose collection, from the STORE at Let's Capture Our Memories. I knew as soon as I saw the ledger paper design that I wanted to find a way to use it for my journaling. I ended up creating five flowers, to tie in with my title, and incorporated my journaling on each of the flowers. Super easy!
I am ALWAYS on the look-out for creative journaling techniques. And I want YOU to be rewarded for providing me with ideas for fun, alternate ways to journal. So, here is MY challenge for YOU:
1. You must be a follower of my blog;
2. You must create a layout using some unique journaling method - your imagination is the only limit;
3. Email a clear picture of your layout to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will then upload it to show off your wonderful creation on my blog;
4. If you post your layout on your own blog or another website, I would appreciate a link back to my blog;
5. All layouts must be received no later than 9:00 pm CST on Saturday, April 16, 2011.
THE WINNER, WHO WILL BE CHOSEN AT RANDOM, WILL RECEIVE A $35 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO THE LET'S CAPTURE OUR MEMORIES STORE, WHICH IS FILLED WITH LOTS OF SCRAPBOOKING GOODIES!!!
Happy journaling, and I can't wait to see what you create!
Let's See What YOU Made!
1. Lil Punkin by Krystle
2. Free by Amarilys
3. Rock On by Alissa