Are you loving those cute mini-albums you've been seeing but are a little unsure as to how you can make one? Check out this WONDERFUL tutorial from Andrea Wiebe at Let's Capture Our Memories! Andrea created her mini album using wonderful Shabby Chic Crafts and adorable Prima and Maya Road goodies that you can find at the Let's Capture Our Memories store!
Shabby Chic Crafts + Prima = Cute Mini Book!
products on the mini book cover: flowers (Prima); flower centres (Prima);
Pins (Maya Road);paper (Echo Park);mini frame (Shabby Chic Crafts)
I instantly fell in love with all of the Shabby Chic Crafts product in the Let's Capture Our Memories Store and I imagined that the line would look great with Prima flowers! Seeing everything together I was instantly inspired to make a Spring mini book and I'd love to share with you how.
1. Trim two pieces of corrugated cardboard to measure 3 1/2 X 4, as well, cut a piece of cardstock to measure 2 X 4. Glue your corrugated cardboard onto your card stock as shown...making sure to leave at least 3/4 of an inch in the centre.
2. Cut a piece of pattern paper to measure 2 X 4 and use to cover the piece of card stock on the outside of book.
3. Fold mini book to form a spine.
4. Trim three piece of cardstock to measure 4 X 7 and fold in half. Place one piece of folded cardstock inside the book, along the spine, and poke holes using a push pin along the fold line...make sure that you push your pin through the spine of the book as well.
5. Handsew the cardstock page to the spine. Repeat with the other sheets of cardstock.
The book is now ready to be decorated!
The papers to use for my book was an easy descision...Echo Park Springtime! The lime green Prima flowers were a perfect springtime match :)
Aren't the little envelopes so sweet...
By layering up notecards you get lots of journaling room! I added a Maya Road Star Pin to the flowers pin for a fun look!
The pink and blue Prima flowers look so perfect with the pearl and crystal centres...
I added a little strip of Maya Road brown satin pleat ribbon for some extra dimension...
If you have any questions leave them in the comment section or you can email me...email@example.com!
Have a great day,